Well, being a woman, I had often in the past wondered what the poorest of poor do when it comes to their monthly cycle. When we lived in Timor in 2008, I began to wonder how even the middle class women (if there is such a thing) could afford the disposable items.
Some issues I had to consider:
· Modern Aussie cloth pads are expensive - ~$10 each!
· Neat all-in-one types take a long time to dry, so they would need to purchase/own more of them.
· Would the women in East Timor think it was a weird idea?
· The women would need to know how to wash them hygienically – I must provide an instruction sheet!.
· Would the women even have underpants to hold them in place?