Its been an exciting few weeks. I have been busy nutting out details of many of the new ideas.
Firstly come April 1st we will be changing the business structure in a few positive ways
- Emmy will become manager
- Salaries will have a partial base rate plus a percentage of profits (A staggered process from me paying all salaries to me paying none.)
- Bookkeeping will be done weekly by Emmy and Serenity (with me training and assisting)
- Opening Hours will increase back to 5 days a week, and will be open 8:30-5 – even through lunch. (An unusual concept in Timor)
- I will be stepping back even more from sales, marketing etc
- I also designed a new simpler logo and am in the process of ordering clothing labels
Secondly we have begun a loyalty card for clothing alterations. We printed some colourful cards with 10 smiley faces. We also bought a smiley stamper. For every 10 alterations, they get one free. The local customers are loving this concept.
Thirdly and most exciting for me, is that we are commencing a monthly Gift Club. This will be a subscription service, with club members receiving a surprise gift each month – home delivered! Their fee will also fund a monthly donation of 1 woman’s health pack to a clinic such as Bairo Pite. Currently this service will only be available to residents of Dili, HOWEVER we are investigating the possibility of offering a mailed gift version to Australian Residents, so keep an eye out over the next few months for more information.
Heres a look at the brochure:
(If you would like to join, either pop into Belekria shopfront or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also ring me on 77265308)